So far, so good. No accidents since the last post. We've spoken to the school, and Devin's first day back will be Monday, Feb. 10th. They wanted to know what to do if she pees her pants at school. Really, I don't even want to go there. She is not going to pee her pants again. I feel like if we make plans for the what if, she'll end up doing it. She's got to realize she's old enough to stop having accidents.
Other progress. She folds over the band on the one or two pairs of pants (sweats) that are a little long. For some reason, she thinks she needs to come stand by me to do it, but whatever, she's doing it herself.
She is holding the toothbrush while Darin or I move her arm back and forth. Still need to do better with this one, though.
Yesterday I tried to get her to write an e without the scribbles. I bribed with the kindle, a full size candybar. Not having none of that. She just doesn't think she can do it. I don't know how to get past this roadblock. I did it a few times holding her hand, but that's as far as we got. Maybe if we just keep doing that, she'll form a pattern or a habit. That seems to be the key. So I guess that's how we'll proceed for a while with the letters and see how that works out.
I'm starting to look forward to Devin going back to school. I'd like to have my time back to get some things done. BUT, I'm really going to miss having her around. :(
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



I think you and Darin are amazing parents! I wish there was more I could do other than love you and offer support and prayers!
ReplyDelete