Last Thursday, we had a horrible, no good day!!! That morning when Devin got dressed, she chose her black undies. I always do a little dance in my head when she wears her black undies, because as I've said previously, those are the only undies she will pull up by herself.
I had just dropped Jadyn off at school, and we sat down at the kitchen table to do some math. It was about 9:15 when I had her come stand by me so I could explain a math problem to her. It was then that I noticed that she had peed already!! So I spanked her good, telling her that wasn't fair to me, because those were the only undies she would pull up on her own. I throw them in the laundry, because ain't no way I'm giving up my one free day.
Pause. A few days before, I cleaned out my huge miche purse and moved my stuff to my little miche purse, deciding that it was time for me to move past the "mom bag". What do you think I found, but the other black undies. I said outloud, "I wonder how those got in my purse?" Darin: "I guess I must have done it." He knows to take the blame for everything by now, I guess, lol. But he was totally serious!!!.....??? And all this time I thought Devin must have hid them or even thrown them away to get out of pulling up her own undies.
So she puts on the other pair of black undies, and I gave her a stern talking to about not peeing them.
A few hours later, I tell Devin to go potty, but alas... too late. Another good spanking and a really loud lecture from Mom. And no more black undies, because the laundry's not done.
Time to go get Jadyn, and guess what! She peed again! Ok, three strikes, you're out! She knows I'm not happy at all now. At this point, I make her help me pull them up, and dare her to pee them.
That was Thursday, and everyday, she's done a little more of the effort, and me a little less.
This morning, I offered her a full size candy bar if she'd do it herself. Seriously slow motion in slow motion, but she did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And as I write, she just went potty again ALL BY HERSELF!!! I didn't even have to get up to get her toilet paper or pull up her undies or anything!!!!!
Still many other things to work on, by by far, this was a huge obstacle that we just overcame. I almost want to cry! I am reminded of months ago when I hoped, but wasn't quite sure when/if it would happen. Yesterday, Darin and I fasted, just as we fast for Devin every Sunday. And I tried really hard to do a really good fast, and I know this made a difference. Our prayers are answered, but often not in the time frame we want. It has taken months to see a difference, but it's happened. Miracles truly do happen today!
What about school? Well, I think we'll give her about 3 weeks to make this all a habit. There is some concern that she'll start peeing at school just to come home, so we don't want to make the school/not peeing connection in her mind.
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment