So this week I made a comment in RS, and a lady there was totally rude about it. Nevermind the fact that she had absolutely no clue what she was talking about, but she was flat-out rude about it. It took all my might to not let her know exactly what I thought about her. I had to tell myself to consider the source, that it was she who has said totally inappropriate things over the pulpit.
I am feeling that old feeling again... that class in the foyer is sounding really interesting. It really sucks, because I've really been trying SO hard to get involved in the lessons, by studying beforehand, and trying to participate. But man! Even last week I had a few people look at me like I was nuts. I say that's enough!
By the way, I wanted to mention that last week (the 6th) Darin and I had our 10 year anniversary. Sure am lucky to be married to my best friend! We stayed at the Peery Hotel (thanks for the gift certificate Diana), while Grandma stayed with the kids. I have a bad neck that needs a lot of support, so I had a hard time with their pillows, and I didn't sleep very well. But it was nice to have a night alone. We don't get those often. We're too poor to get a babysitter, and we hate to ask Grandma to do that for us very often after all the sacrifices she's made for us when we've needed her. AND, yes, it's a sacrifice. She has to rearrange her schedule with everyone else, drive all the way here, and put her plans on hold. It's not easy. But she still enjoys being with her grandkids. You can still enjoy something, even though it's hard. Don't even go there!
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



I too have been feeling the same way. Sometimes I just want to stay home from church. I missed whomevers comment, because I wasnt in class this Sunday.
ReplyDeleteLast night, I read next weeks lesson and I am scared to see what comments people have to say. It kind of makes me not want to go. But it will also be a really great subject. I cried when I read the lesson again. Its President Monsons talk about Charity never Faileth.
I read that talk just before I read your comment. It brought a lot of things home, esp. in light of me feeling offended by how this lady responded to my comment. But I did see a lot of confirmation on what I had been feeling and writing about lately. It's a touchy topic, because no one wants to be told they aren't being charitable. And we all have issues with it, no one is excluded. We all just see different slants to it, based on our experiences and different empathies. I'm not very eloquent in my writing, but I've decided to write about that talk in my next post.
ReplyDeleteYou know you can call us for free baby sitting any time you need a date!
ReplyDelete