Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Food Storage Challenge Day 2

While I was in the shower this morning, I realized that I have been meaning to buy some more Biolage shampoo, and never got around to it. I only have a bit left, so I might be stuck using the kids' Suave shampoo. Not too happy about that!

I usually plan my meals 2 weeks ahead of time, so I had to adjust my meal schedule a bit. For example, I was going to buy mozzarella cheese on Friday and make lasagna, but now I can't, so lasagna will have to wait. (Cheese powder is just not the same.) Sad thing is I have everything but the mozzarella.

Tonight we had sloppy joes with homemade rolls. No one seemed to mind. ;) I was also glad to have a bag of salad, a tomato and a cucumber from our garden to go with the sloppy joes. I ran out of my frozen wheat berries over the weekend, so I threw some in the crockpot this morning and they were ready to be added to the sloppy joes tonight. This is not my favorite use of wheat berries, but I usually try to get some wheat buns to use, and I had forgotten to buy them last time I went, so in order to make sure we ate some wheat, I added it to the sloppy joes.

We were already down to 3 1/2 gallons of milk, so at the advice of my smart friend, Stephanie, I mixed some powdered milk with the half a gallon. No one even noticed. I didn't even notice a difference! Now we can all enjoy the milk, and Darin and I don't have to be the only ones drinking the powdered milk.

Pretty easy day, I think.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are doing a pretty good job of the challenge. I wish we were doing it. I doubt we would be ready for it. Keep it up. Oh and I have some Dove shampoo if you would like that instead of Suave. I dont know if that counts or not as being prepared, but doesnt being prepared intell helping others as well. So we were prepared in that sense. You arent spending any money. :) Let me know and I can double check our storage for sure. I know we have loads of bathroom stuff down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer, Stacie, but I think that's against the rules. We can only exchange with a family that is also taking the challenge. I think I'll be ok. There's probably more shampoo left than I think there is, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the milk is working out for you. It's really not too bad once you get past remembering that you mixed it. I'm loving reading your blog about this, but of course I'm reading it backwards, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter