What a crazy week this has been. We've been off work for one week and so far, life hasn't really slowed down.
Last Saturday, we went to Desert Star. We have season tickets, and we have fun. The girls love it, especially since they get to eat pizza and icecream there. After that, we had to make an appearance at our friends, the Plakes. Their son graduated from high school, so they had a BBQ for him. We had to rush home, since I still needed to plan my Sunday lesson, and I was also expecting a visit from my friend, Rodolfo, and his wife. I found Rodolpho when he was 16 years old and taught him the gospel. He was baptized, and later his mom and brother were also. He went on a mission when he was 19, and he married the Stake President's daughter, and they are bringing up their 1 year old son in the gospel. Makes me feel like I made a difference for at least one person! (He actually never showed up until last night--I don't think Brazilians have ANY sense of time! We ended up starting to clean up the office--What a mess!!! We had to buy a new bookshelf to put in the office to house the books I brought home from work. I still have 6 crates of files that I need to find a place for.)
Sunday was same as usual.
On Monday, the girls started their swim lessons, which starts at 9am, and since I don't like the Magna pool, we drive to the Taylorsville pool. So that mean that I have to leave at 8:30 (giving time for a potty break and a sun block application--I once applied it on the kitchen floor and I ended up dislocating my elbow after slipping on it, so I always do it there). After the swim lessons, I did some errands, came home and cleaned the house and before I knew it, the day was gone. I always do some "school" with the kids when they are home for the summer, so we spent some time with readin', 'ritin', 'rithmatic. Once a week I plan to do a science lesson, a music lesson (which will probably just consist of playing some kid music nice and loud and singing and dancing to it), and some home ec (cooking). Every summer I do this, and it's a real bonding time for us, as well as a way to foster a love of learning.
Darin started teaching summer school from 8am to 10 am. He wasn't supposed to teach until July, but they canceled July, so he had to teach in June. Really screwed us up, because we were counting on him teaching 2 classes, but since it was too late to get kids scheduled, they could only get enough kids for 1 class. We kinda wanted more money! And, it screwed up our vacation plans!!
Tuesday was just as busy, doing much the same, but we also went to the free movie at the Magna theater. They play older movies, but they kids love it just the same. I fell asleep at one point, and Devin had to let the entire theater know it.
Wednesday and Thursday, we spent the entire days at my mom's helping her to solve computer problems, and some home repairs. I practically died being around her cats. You would think that after 9 years of allergy shots, I would be getting better. I have an appointment on Thursday, and I may just give it up.
Devin, of course, had her fall on Wednesday, and also went to the doctor on Thursday to schedule her surgery (see previous post).
Friday we went to Lagoon for most of the day, until it started getting really cold and rainy. Then we met Rodolpho and Susana at Temple Square.
Today, it's been a lazy day. We had the book club this morning, Jadyn and I watched a couple of hours of Ghost Whisperer, and I prepared my lesson.
I'm hoping that life could settle down a bit, while still having time for fun.
And, if you've made it this far, congratulations and thanks for reading! :)
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



WOW! You are one busy woman. I wish I had the time to do half of what you are doing. You are amazing Katherine. Sorry about your vacation plans, does that mean you guys arent going on one at all, or you are pushing it to another date? Hope you guys still get one.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like we're not going to go on vacation. We'll still take a few mini-trips, though.
ReplyDelete:(