Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Update

Darin had his appointment today. Everything seems to be fine. He had a couple of lymph nodes that lit up a little bit, but probably just because he had a cold at the time of the PET scan. For this reason, they want to see him again in 3 months. At this rate, the way we have colds in our house, we'll never get past the 3-month visits. Oh well, we're just happy he's healthy. We went and got some ice cream to celebrate. Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup.

Darin also participated in the Teacher Talent Assembly at his school. He doesn't have any talent to show (his words), but the other teachers aren't much better, so it works out. For his talent, he banged on a bucket with a drum stick, along with 6 other teachers. Another group danced to Thriller, and another group caught whipped cream in their mouth. One teacher belly danced, and one dribbled a soccer ball on his head. Sounds like we missed a good show. lol

Devin and I are headed to the doctor tomorrow to see about getting her tonsils out. I hope she cooperates. She's such a stinker, I hope I can hold her down for the doctor.

2 comments:

  1. Other than having another check up in another 3 months, I am glad everything went well.
    I hope somebody decided to video all those teachers being goofy! Would have made a great Youtube video!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darin said one of his students said he was putting the whole thing on youtube and all the teachers were going to be famous.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter