Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Monday, December 1, 2008

99 Questions

1. Started your own blog -Yes, hence this post.
2. Slept under the stars -Yes, with friends at Moab.
3. Played in a band -Yes. Clarinet for 6 years, saxophone for 1 semester.
4. Visited Hawaii -no, don't really have the desire.
5. Watched a meteor shower - no.
6. Given to charity - yes, at Christmastime.
7. Been to Disneyland -Yes, during Grad Night.
8. Climbed a mountain -Does T mountain count? I suppose I climbed a mountain at Moab, too.
9. Held a praying mantis -Yes.
11. Bungee jumped -Never have, never will.
12. Visited Paris -No desire.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea -no.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch- Not really.
15. Adopted a child - Tried to, didn't work.
16. Had food poisoning -Yes, after eating at a Chinese restaurant.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty -No.
18. Grown your own vegetables -Yes. It's fun!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France -No.
20. Slept on an overnight train -No. I slept in a plane overnight.
21. Had a pillow fight -I might have when I was a kid...
22. Hitch hiked - I'm not an idiot.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill- All the time.
24. Built a snow fort -No, but I watched my nephews build one.
25. Held a lamb -ate lamb. Does that count?
26. Gone skinny dipping -No.
27. Run a Marathon -I walked a 10
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice -No.
29. Seen a total eclipse - Yeah.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - Both.
31. Hit a home run -The most I've hit was a double.
32. Been on a cruise -Nope, but I went to a prom on a boat.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - No.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors -No.
35. Seen an Amish community -Yes.
36. Taught yourself a new language -Well, sort of. Had a few lessons before they unleashed us.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied -Sometimes it seems like we're getting there, and then something comes up. Like doctor bills.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person -No.
39. Gone rock climbing -No.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - In pictures.
41. Sung karaoke -No way.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt -Yep
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant -Gave a man a few bucks at a fast food place.
44. Visited Africa -No
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight -No.
46. Been transported in an ambulance -No.
47. Had your portrait painted -No.
48. Gone deep sea fishing -No.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person -No, just pictures.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris -No.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling -No
52. Kissed in the rain -No. I don't spend that much time in the rain.
53. Played in the mud -Made mud pies. Actually, I do remember playing in the mud with cars.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater -Yes.
55. Been in a movie -no way.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China -nope
57. Started a business -No unless Avon counts.
58. Taken a martial arts class -No.
59. Visited Russia -No
60. Served at a soup kitchen -No
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies -No, but I've bought plenty!
62. Gone whale watching -No
63. Got flowers for no reason - yes.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma -I've always been scared that I would pass out and look stupid, but now I'm going to try to do that since Darin had so many transfusions.
65. Gone sky diving -No.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp -No. I have a friend that says the Holocaust never happened.
67. Bounced a check -overdraft protection
68. Flown in a helicopter -Yes!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy -I can't think of any... maybe my mom remembers something she's given me.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial -no
71. Eaten Caviar -Yes. And it was disgusting.
72. Pieced a quilt -Yes.
73. Stood in Times Square-No
74. Toured the Everglades -nope
75. Been fired from a job -yeah, when I left early for a volleyball game in highschool and left the boss to finish my work.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London -No, but I saw it in Turkey.
77. Broken a bone -No, just dislocated my elbow.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle -motorcycle, yes, but I wouldn't consider our speed "speeding."
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person -Yes.
80. Published a book -No.
81. Visited the Vatican -no
82. Bought a brand new car -New is relative.
83. Walked in Jerusalem -No
84. Had your picture in the newspaper -Yes.
85. Read the entire Bible -I tried to this summer, but I ended up skipping a lot of the boring stuff toward the end of the Old Testament, and didn't finish Revelations in the New Testament.
86. Visited the White House - No.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating -no
88. Had chickenpox -Yup.
89. Saved someone’s life -No, unless stopping Devin from running in the street counts.
90. Sat on a jury -No, but I had to go in once. Didn't get selected.
91. Met someone famous -I met Helvecio Martins in Brazil and again at BYU. He even remembered me. He used to be a 70's.
92. Joined a book club -Yes.
93. Lost a loved one -Yes.
94. Had a baby -2
95. Seen the Alamo in person -No
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake -I think it stinks too much.
97. Been involved in a law suit -No.
98. Owned a cell phone -yep
99. Been stung by a bee -Yes.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you don't want to go to Hawaii! I figured everyone would want to go there! I wish I was there right now......

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter