Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 4, only 96 to go


Darin's been pretty sick for several days. Today through Wednesday are supposed to be the worst, so hopefully we can get through these next days quickly.

The nursing staff could be better. Since Darin has stuff coming out of both ends, he needs the nurse and/or aide to clean things out soon after they happen. The sight and smell only makes him more nauseous. When we asked them to do better, because they were only dumping the output, not cleaning it, a nurse came in and chewed Darin out like he was a little kid doing something naughty. He yelled, "Get off my case!" and I said "Try to be nice to him." I hope he doesn't get that nurse again. She doesn't seem to have the patience to work in a unit like this. I think they are a bit lazy here. They only have 2-3 patients each, but they act like they are so busy, and when I go out there, they are either talking or surfing the net. It annoys me that he should have to ask for things that should be automatic here. He also has been getting cramps in his stomach the last couple of days, and he's complained about it to the staff, but they didn't do anything until they were specifically asked if there was anything they could give him.

We're hoping he can come home next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the nursing staff gets better. When I was in the hospital I had one nurse that seemed like she never wanted to be there. It's there job. How was Thanksgiving? Thanks for the update. I hope Darin will be able to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't believe how horrible it has been for Darin!!! I hope he gets through the next few days quickly too. How are you holding up? What help do you need? Please let us know!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter