Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 7

I haven't felt like doing much for the past week. Today I'm feeling a little better (at 7pm). I've had a fever of between 101 and 103 for days. They keep drawing cultures, but are not finding any infections. They just keep rotating antibiotics thorough me to try and clear the fever - no success yet.

I got a rash like acne on my back from being in bed so much. They started medicating it, and it is much better now.

I've thrown up about once every other day on average. Today, so far so good. I need to order some food though. So wish me luck. Sometimes it feels like I'm getting a little better each day.

love Darin

3 comments:

  1. It is good to hear that you are feeling a little better. The kids pray for you every time it is their turn! (Of course we do too, it is just sweet to hear them!) We hope you can come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm just impressed he didn't fall asleep while writing this post. He usually falls asleep talking to me. Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear your healthy enough to write on the good ol blog. Katherine has told me much about how things have been. I don't envy you at all, but i know you're pretty tough so i'm glad you're surviving.
    Hope you get well soon.
    take care

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter