We went to the State fair this year and had a lot of fun. These were cute pictures of Jadyn and Devin who weren't sure they liked this ride until it started moving. It turned out to be the ride they liked the most. We saw Veggie Tales there too. Devin loved them, but Jadyn thought they were creepy. She didn't understand how they moved. Once she decided they were costumes, she had fun, though.
Jadyn has been wiggling her teeth to try and get them looser. The two teeth behind became more prominent, so we decided we had to do something. Katherine and I, speaking in code at the dinner table, decided it was time to take the tooth out. We were concerned that if I jerked on it, it might just hurt her, it might become a bloody mess, Jadyn might vomit, and that she may never trust us again, but we decided to try. Katherine told me we were going to have to bribe her, or reward her well after the ordeal. Katherine asked Jadyn what she wanted most, and she said "make-up" (meaning lip gloss). I asked her to let me wiggle her tooth. It was quite loose now, which made me feel better, and I jerked on it. It didn't come out, and Jadyn closed her mouth with shock and awe on her face. I tried to be excited that it was nearly out now, and she let me finish the job (maybe she was too worried not to). Katherine came in jumping up and down to get Jadyn excited about it, then noticed quite a bit of blood. So, she turned around to grab a napkin to stuff in her mouth. Of course, by now Jadyn was getting panicky about the blood, but we kept upbeat about it, telling her how proud we were, and reminding her of the Tooth Fairy. She cried for about a half-hour, even on the way to the store to buy the lip gloss. It stopped bleeding at the store, so Jadyn stopped crying. When she got home, she didn't even want to look in the mirror. She finally did, and she's pretty happy to have made it through her first lost tooth. She even smiled for the camera. You can see the new tooth that's already growing behind the baby-tooth hole in this picture.
I'm doing pretty well. The first week of chemotherapy was rough. I even threw up a few times. I felt weak and uneasy. I lost some of my ability to taste, and my appetite (Katherine just said this explains why my additions to the chocolate frosting she was making tasted fine to me, but made it worse for her). But, I'm starting to feel better. I go in for another dose in a week. By the way, the cancer is still not in my bone marrow. We were very excited to hear that good news. "Whew!"



Yay for Jadyn! Good job on being so brave!! Sorry about the addiction to lip gloss! My bad....
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the bone marrow is free and clear! Prayers are answered!
Hooray for Jadyn! That's exciting for her... She's growing up fast, already loosing teeth.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you are feeling better Darin! We pray for you and your family always. If we can do anything let us know! Good luck with the rest of your treatments!!!