Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dentist

We went to the dentist's office for a family visit Thursday. We expected an adventure with two young kids. Overall, it went pretty well. The dentist praised Jadyn for having clean teeth. He said Katherine is "Mother of the Year" because of it. The dentist seemed to like Katherine's teeth, too. He asked if she had braces (she didn't) and said at separate times that her teeth are very nice, very white, beautiful and perfect. I think it's time to get a new dentist - maybe a female.

We had wanted to have Devin get a practice exam, but she wanted no part of it - except for the toy.

I have to wait until this Friday to get my teeth checked. The doctor said that I have less immunity this week, and if the dentist makes me bleed, I could get an infection. I could also bleed to death due to low platelets. They should be up again on Friday, when I go back in for the weekend to have them knocked down. They will be taking stem cells after this chemo infusion and freezing them. I'll get them back after they kill all my bone marrow two weeks later.

2 comments:

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter