Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Postponed

Chemo was postponed until Monday or Tuesday, whenever Darin's white blood cell count is low enough for the stem cell collection that they will do soon after chemo. It's all getting a bit confusing now. From now on, Darin will be going to the hospital daily. There are a few days when a nurse might come to give Darin a shot that will cause the stem cells to move from the bone marrow into the blood for collection. We'll just have to be on our toes now.

2 comments:

  1. My word, I'm sure this is all a lot to endure. I hope that everything goes great and Darin is back to himself soon. We are keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats alot going in everyday. We think about you guys everyday and pray that all goes well. Thank you for the update since I dont get to hear much. We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter