I haven't posted for quite a while, but I've been feeling like I want to share how the Lord has blessed us.
It will take me a while to get caught up, but here is what happened when she nearly drowned.
The medication Devin was on when I was posting a few years ago really wasn't doing much. So we stopped that and started another. This medication is known to cause heart problems, so we needed to have an EKG before we began. Turns out Devin already had Long QT, which can be dangerous. So we kept a good eye on her, and had lots of EKGs.
One warm day last June, Darin and the girls were playing in the wave pool at 7 Peaks, and Devin passed out, likely from the over-exertion of playing in the pool combined with the Long QT. She was under water for what Darin thought was maybe 10 seconds before he saw her laying on her side and was able to pull her out of the water. He turned her on her side and checked to see if she was breathing. She seemed to be, so he immediately gave her a blessing. I have no doubt that this saved her life. She began vomiting. After about 5 minutes, another parent noticed, and let a lifeguard know. Then they called the medic.
Around this time, Darin sent Jadyn to get me; I was over on the other side reading a book. When I got there, I didn't like what I saw. She was lethargic and wanted to go to sleep. I sent Darin to get out stuff. It took him a while because we had a canopy and camp chairs to put away. She was still vomiting for about 10 minutes after I got there. While I waited with Devin, a lifeguard wheeled her to a shower so I could clean up the vomit.
When we returned, the medic spoke with me and talked me into calling an ambulance. I didn't need much persuading because he, and I, was afraid she was going to seize while we drove her to the ER. It seemed to take forever for the ambulance to get there. When they did get there, there were mountains of questions, and so much background information to give them. When they took her, they agreed to let me go in the ambulance, given her anxiety.
On the ride there, she began to perk up, and I began to feel less stressed. I remember her opening one eye and glancing around to observe where she was--a long-time dream to be in an ambulance. After peeking out, she pulled the sheet over her head. When we got to the ER, the EMT said, "Devin, could we pull the sheet down from your head. These guys get a little worried when they see someone with a sheet over their head." That was a laugh that I needed for sure.
Did I mention that we were all in our swim suits? Yep, so I told Darin to head home and get some clothes for me and Devin. It took forever, it seemed, for them to arrive at the ER.
She was hooked up to all kinds of machines so they could monitor her. She slept for about 3-4 hours, and then she suddenly just woke up and was great. After 10 hours of observation, she was released. But not before she fulfilled several more dreams: working the electric bed, room service, manning the remote, riding in a wheel chair, and the best was the ambulance ride, even though she didn't feel well at the time.
It turns out that it was a good thing that she passed out before she went under the water because her body shut down and so she did not inhale much water.
The Lord has blessed us.
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



I'm so thankful our God is a God of miracles!! You are the bravest family I know!!
ReplyDelete