Well, we've come soooooo far. She's mostly bathing herself, she's washing her hands by herself (granted she'll only do it with bar soap, but that's huuuuuuuuuuuuuge progress). AND. She's wiping her own butt when she poops. Whoa! I don't think I ever thought that would happen. I am no longer the official butt wiper. Time to have a party. Seriously.
But, I think we may need to up the meds one more time before upping them for the last time. She still struggles with a few of those annoyingly time-consuming things like her many routines when putting on clothes. Mostly, we're facing clothing issues. Probably related to her SIDS (sensory sensitivity). I finally gave up the battle and gave all her jeans and non-T-shirts to her friend, Savvy. I'm about to give her the shorts, too. A whole drawer full of shorts. :( Kohl's let me return some pants we bought last year, except for one pair that she cut the tag out of and then decided she didn't like them anyway. Wow! Kohl's is seriously awesome!
And because of her lack of appetite, due to meds, I am constantly hounding her to eat and drink. All day long, "Devin, take a bite. Devin, drink your milk." I'm annoying myself! Dr. suggested we have her drink carnation instant breakfast to keep her from losing weight. Since we've been doing that, she will no longer drink any chocolate. She used to beg us for it. Now she can't stand it.
Still working on the goal to talk to her teachers. She does really well writing them notes (except for when they say "I hate you!"). Boy, do I really want her talking to people? LOL
It's been a challenging summer so far. This is the first year I've been anxious for school to start. Devin has been a bit naughty getting into treats and snacks. Just yesterday, she took a whole loaf of uneaten Great Harvest pumpkin chocolate chip bread up to her room and ate most of it. There are several crumbs left, but I really don't want anymore. Thank you.
She also gets sassy and stubborn when she's up too late, which has happened a lot now that it's summer. Been trying to get her to bed at a decent hour, but the family works against me sometimes. :)
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment