Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mom School

Mom School.  I refuse to be associated with the whack jobs out there who say they home school and call family outings field trips, or send their kids to someone else to be educated and call it co-op.

I teach Devin, because honestly, I"m the only one that can do it right.  Not knocking public school teachers.  I am one, Darin is one.  Just that they are not able to make the accommodations she needs.  

Last night I ordered some abc/123 stamps so that when she needs to write one of the compulsion letters (like aeutgkqy or 89), she can just stamp them.  Right now, she tells me when she needs to write them and I do it.  I'm really excited to get them in the mail.  They said it wouldn't be until the middle of January, though.  :(  She's doing super well with using the laptop to do her spelling words and dictation, as well as writing assignments. 

Other than that, there haven't been any positive changes.  We're thinking we need to up the meds.  She's actually added a few more rituals since we started the meds.  Last month, the NP upped the ADHD meds.  Although she is completing most of her assignments faster, that could also be due to doing it early in the morning before she's worn out and the meds have worn off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter