Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Home School

We've been thinking about it for a year now, but I never really wanted to commit to it.

But...

Yesterday, I got the phone call, "Devin had another accident.  We need to talk about how we can help her."  Seriously?  What exactly are "we" doing?  "I" am doing it all.  I reteach, quiz, study with her, help her get dressed, go to the bathroom, etc.  "We" haven't really done much at all.  "We" just ignore her  when she won't do the work at school and send the work home for "I" to do with her.

So when I got that message, it was the last straw.

I'm seriously doing all I can now, but it's never enough.  I'm always stressed while Devin's at school, just waiting for the phone call that I know will come.  If not today, the next, or the next.  I stress every time the teacher writes in her planner, "I couldn't get her to do any work today."  Well, let her do it on the computer.  It usually works. 

So, if I'm already doing the teaching every day after school until bedtime, I might as well just do it all.  Like for reals.

It's been going well today.  We're almost done for the day.  And it's only 10:30.  We just have math to do, and yes, that might take til lunchtime. But that's ok.

I feel stressed, until I remember, we don't have homework to do tonight.  We're doing it all now!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter