Let me just tell you briefly about one thing that happened Sunday.
Devin has her favorite light blue dress that she always wears. Well, she wore it to a baptism on Saturday, so it was in the laundry. When that's not available, she used to wear this fancy maroon dress. A button popped a few months ago, and Mom hasn't fixed it because 1) I don't know where the button went, and 2) Devin pulled all the threat off of all of my spools of thread several months ago, and I haven't got any more yet. So she won't wear that one, even though the tie hides that spot. Soooooooo... she's ok with wearing a skort. I don't even know what size it is, but it's so short that I'm embarrassed for her to wear it (esp. after my talk last week), but that's all we've got. I try to talk her into at least wearing tights. Nope. Ok, fine. She insists on wearing the white T-shirt she aways wears under her dresses. And then a pretty white sweater I just bought her. At least she likes that.
She went to the bathroom several times that morning. First she has to unbutton the sweater, take it off and hang it on the doorknob. Of course, I have to hand her the TP and pull up her undies. I have to help her put her sweater on. I made the mistake of grabbing the sweater off the doorknob. Ack! She had to put it back on and then grab it herself. But I still had to help her put it on.
Monday:
We went through our usual routine, except that I hid her favorite T-shirts that are a year old and starting to look it. First thing's first. I tell her to grab some undies. Nope, that's one of my jobs. Those are on, gym pants are on--I have to fold them over; she's a little too skinny for size 8. She looks through her drawer and can't decide on a T-shirt. I ask her if she wants me to help. Ok. I pick out the superman T-shirt. I have to pull it over her head because it's "new" from the start of the school year. Socks are on. She goes downstairs to read and eat breakfast.
I finally make it downstairs. I give her 10 minutes to go to the bathroom, get her boots on and get in the car. She waits til the last minute, of course. Can't put down that *darn* book. I go to pull up her undies. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! She peed because she didn't want to put that *darn* book down. Now we've got to rush through the whole morning routine in about 1 minute.
We get to the school, and it's my day to work in her classroom from 8:30-10:00. I'm so tired. What happened? I went to bed early last night. This kid exhausts me sometimes!
As I'm going through addition flashcards with all the kids, one at a time, I notice that Devin's not doing her work. First she's supposed to do some math facts. Then she's supposed to do a KWL chart in her journal. Anything that has to do with writing is a nightmare. Next is reading. Oh, no problem there.
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment