Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Coincidence? I think not!

Yesterday, I was going to go to Costco while Devin was at school. It's so much easier when I only have one kid. Both together just go so crazy. But, I had an awful stomach flu, and I couldn't make it out of the house.

So, with no school on Fridays for Devin, and Jadyn off track, I got everyone up and ready to go to Costco. I knew it was going to snow, but come on, this is the end of March, and it's not going to snow much. I'll even wear my slippery shoes since the snow won't stick!

We get in the car, and we're on 201 and I can barely see the cars in front of me. But still, we keep going. I just figured it would taper off soon. NOPE. Still coming down hard two hours later.

I've been at Costco for about 5 minutes, and I decide to just go up and down the isles, when I see Ramen noodles at the end of an isle, and this has become a lunch staple lately, especially when I have the stomach flu and don't want to eat anything. I pull out my handy dandy cell phone calculator to see if Costco Ramen noodles really are a deal compared to the case lot sales, when who should walk by and say, "Katherine?" but my good friend and old singles ward bishopric counselor. His wife had been dealing with breast cancer at the same time Darin was dealing with his lymphoma. You find interesting bonds with people who have dealt with similar trials.

He actually asked some very specific questions, and I was able to talk with him about some trials that we have been dealing with the past week. It was nice, because I haven't shared my feelings with anyone except Darin about this particular trial, and it was nice to have a friend to talk to. He's a great guy, and was very encouraging. I left Costco feeling more positive than I've felt since we've been having this particular trial.

So, was it a coincidence that he just happen to come looking for the brownie mix that was right next to where I was standing at that particular moment? I think not. What a blessing that Heavenly Father puts people in your path at just the right moments!

Just for the curious, as far as we know, Darin's health is good, and so is my friend's wife's health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter