Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Facebook Stalking

How do you deal with it???

There is an individual on Facebook that has been stalking me. Up until last week, I've been able to just ignore it. But this person has taken it up a notch. He/She is looking up things I wrote almost a year ago. He/She is commenting on everything, not missing a single "like". It's to the point that I feel like he/she is monitoring EVERYTHING I do. I do not mind people commenting and liking my posts, but I think it's gone too far. No one can possibly like everything I post. I feel like this person clicks like just to make sure he/she is not missing a single comment. In addition, this person is befriending unsuspecting friends and family of mine that do not know her at all. Some have already fallen into the trap.

Earlier this week, I tried blocking this person. Like fly on poop, this person was right on top of it, sending me a message asking what he/she had done, and that he/she thought we were still friends. What could I do? I told this person that I had inadvertently blocked him/her (which actually did happen to one of my friends).

This person is very positive and supportive in his/her comments, but EVERY COMMENT AND LIKE??? And I do want to continue a friendship with this person outside of facebook. I am worried about what might happen if I confront this person, as he/she has a history of being emotionally needy, and perhaps unstable. But, it may come down to confronting this person. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. wow sorry I am of no help but that's crazy and I hope that you can figure out how to handle this soon. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that. I wish I had some sage advice to share. I had a similar situation and I hid the person and she hasn't noticed yet. However, I think I'm getting ready to un-friend her because I can't take it anymore. I don't know what I will say though if she finds out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make it easy and just delete him/her as a friend. You can even make yourself invisible so they can't find you and send you messages wondering why. I would be really weirded out too!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter