Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I feel impressed....

I have been thinking about this topic for some time now, and I feel impressed to share this quote from the August 2010 Ensign.

"Feeling that you are on the outside of a circle or clique can be hurtful. On one occasion I nearly let it affect my attendance at church. Fortunately I decided that being active in the gospel was more important than any hurt—real or perceived—that I had received from a particular group.

The good thing about this experience, though, is that it made me want to make sure that others are included. I have often prayed to know if there is anyone in particular I should befriend. In addition, I have asked Heavenly Father to send me friends when I have needed them.

Though there may seem to be an inner circle in your ward, there are usually members who are not part of that circle. I have gotten to know some wonderful people in my ward of all different ages and backgrounds," Charlotte Goodman McEwan, Florida, USA.

If you are not feeling like you fit in, chances are there are others who feel the same, too. Seek those people out. Don't dwell on yourself. Use the Spirit as your guide. Pray that you will always have His Spirit, that you don't judge unrighteously. Remember, we often have no idea what's going on with other people. I, myself, feel like there is never a time when I'm not going through something, and I generally keep it to myself, and I would hope that others don't judge me if I seem distracted or uncomfortable. I'm not perfect, but this is my goal.

2 comments:

  1. Thats an extremely good talk. It kind of goes along with what the Prophet said at the RS broadcast. His was more on judging each other and basically acting like High Schoolers. It is always good to get reminders too. I find it hard when I have a problem and dont have anyone to talk to about it. I talk to FR, but sometimes he just doesnt get it. If you do ever need to talk, I am here for you if you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I needed to hear this. Keep them coming you are helping me more than you know.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter