We went for 3 nights to Vernal, Utah to camp. We spent a lot of time hiking and going to the Dinosaur Museum. We had a lot of fun.
We also spent a lot of time eating. Day 1 we had steak with carrots and potatoes. Day 2 we had bacon, eggs and canteloupe for breakfast, canned stew for lunch (it was too hot to even warm it up!), and dutch oven chicken casserole with lots of vegetables for dinner, and dutch oven chocolate dump cake with raspberry pie filling and walnuts for dessert. Day 3 we had sausage, french toast and strawberries for breakfast, hotdogs and potato salad (prepared at home) for lunch, and swiss steak with lots of veggies for dinner, and left over cake as well as roasted marshmallows for dessert. The only one of us that really likes marshmallows is Jadyn, so that was for her. Day (Morning) 4, we had breakfast burritos. Now I've got to spend the next month working off all that food!
Days were very hot, nights were perfect. One night, we went and looked at the planets through some telescopes that the rangers had. Saturn and Mars are awesome!
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



Great photos!! Glad you had a good time and that you are home safe and sound. The food sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a blast! And thank you, now I'm hungry after reading your menu! ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! My kids are dying to go camping. Maybe now that school is almost out...we'll see. The food part is always so overwhelming for me - all the food, a place to keep it cool, the stuff to cook with, the dishes. You guys sound like pros!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I've wanted to go to the Dinosaur Park for a while but since Manuel works in Vernal a lot I don't think it would feel like much of a getaway for him! After reading about all of your yummy food I am starving!:)
ReplyDeleteYep, we're all about the food.
ReplyDeleteLisel, we have a couple of totes that we put all our cooking and cleaning items in and just leave them there for when we go camping. Menu items are easy now that I've got my recipes in order. :)
Poor Manuel! He has to drive there for work? It's way hot there!
ok next time you guys are going camping, I am gonna come down and grab grandma and tag along. I haven't camped enough, and this trip sounded awesome! Would love to go spend some quality time with the girls!!!
ReplyDelete