Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our First Bunk-Bed Accident


Don't quite know what happened, but last night just after we put the girls to bed, we heard a big crash, followed by some loud screaming by Jadyn, and a little bit by Devin. Darin and I ran into their bedroom, expecting to find Jadyn on the floor with a broken arm or something. From what we can tell, here's what happened. Jadyn was fooling around while standing up on her bed and started falling, so she grabbed the curtain rod, pulling it down and bending it. She landed on the knob (actually, the knob wasn't on at the time, so it was just a small square piece of wood) on the far end of Devin's bed. She landed on her butt. It is quite bruised now, and it was pretty traumatic for them both. Devin somehow got a scratch on her cheek, too. I don't think Jadyn will be fooling around on the top bunk for a while. I'm sure this won't be our only accident, though. We're just glad it wasn't worse.

I should mention that my sister Karen's husband built this bunk bed for us. He did a good job.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds confusing, yet funny.. You should post a pic of the crime scene.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter