Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 93: A Very Long Day

I left home for doctor appointments at 5:45 this morning. I was to have a chest x-ray, PET C/T scan, blood tests, pulmonary tests and a doctor appointment. I began working on getting all this scheduled two months ago because today was my only day off for the next two months, and the doctor requires all these tests around day 100. I can't miss work, so today was crucial.

As has been the case every time with the Bone Marrow Clinic, when I got there, half of the appointments were either not scheduled, or scheduled wrong. I did a lot of complaining to try and get them to fix the problem. They finally got it worked out, but I ended up spending 14 hours away from home for all of it. Not only this, but because of the PET C/T (which they finally did from 3-6pm) , I ended up not eating for over 24 hours.

To compensate me, the clinic gave me a couple of cash cards for The Point Restaurant and a $10 gas card. I'd still prefer it if they would just schedule things right.

To top it all off, my phone battery ran out. I got home, thinking all was well, and when I plugged in my phone, I got a message saying my toe moved (yes, THE toe), and they need 5 more minutes to scan it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter