Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Busy Week

A lot has been going on this week. Darin, along with some members of my family, put in a sprinkler syster in my mom's yard. It took 3 days (Saturday, Monday and Tuesday) of long, hard work, in the hot, hot sun. I did what little I could, pushing dirt back in some trenches with my feet. They did a good job, and after a minor caveat, it's working well--I think.

Jadyn went to 7 Peaks with some family members on Wednesday. She had a ton of fun. Her favorite thing was the Lazy River. I'm told that she particularly liked using Delaine's sports bra as reigns for a horsey ride. She thought the slides were a bit scary, so she pretty much stuck to the Lazy River.

My arm seemed to be feeling well, but I went to the Physical Therapist Thursday, and now it hurts quite a bit. Which is probably a good thing, since she has me stretching my arm several different ways to increase mobility. I have already seen some improvement.

We had my family over for the 4th, and we barbecued, played Apples to Apples, and then did fireworks in the driveway until the city fireworks started. It was a good show, since we are close to the park where they set them off. We all got distracted and forgot to watch the finale when we saw the side of the hill on the other side of the freeway burning. Darin called 911, and I was embarrassed when the dispatcher accidentally sent them to our house, not to the hill where the fire was burning. It spread rapidly, but when we drove by this morning, it looked like it was all put out.

Another thing that happened was I got a "new" calling. Actually, I will be teaching Gospel Doctrine again. I taught it in this same ward about 3 1/2 years ago for 3 years. I will be picking up pretty close to where I left off when we moved out of the ward. (We were moved back into the ward a year later when they changed the boundaries).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I missed alot with the family. I keep seeing the picture of your arm off to the side and I keep thinking to myself Ouch! I'm not one for pain anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter