The freedom of summer! I get to stay home with the kids for 2 1/2 months. I look forward to taking the kids to the park and to swim lessons. That's their favorite thing to do. We went to the park with the kids on Friday, but it was cold. I covered up with the blanket. I guess the girls weren't cold because they were running around so much.
We spent Saturday working in the yard, weeding the garden and planting some more grass seeds on the rest of the yard. In our garden we can see lots of stuff popping up: green onion, carrots, beets, zucchini, tomatoes (regular and cherry), potatoes, green peppers, squash, cucumbers, pumpkin, rhubarb, and artichoke. I still have to plant some cilantro, but you have to do herbs in separate containers or they will take over. We finally have the back yard kid proofed, so there's not much that Devin can get into anymore.
Two weeks ago I leaned over to Darin during Sacrament meeting and asked him when the last time was that he had to give a talk. The next week when he came home from his Sunday morning meetings, he asked me who I had talked to. Apparently the Bishop asked him to speak. So he gave a very good talk today, and the Bishop even came over about an hour ago just to tell him he did a good job.
Tomorrow Darin starts his classes again. He will go from 8-4 M-F. Hopefully he won't have too much homework so that we can do some fun things as a family. But he will have his teaching license by mid-August, so it will all be worth it.
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



Yay! That must be really nice. School ended yesterday for Greg and then teachers will need to be there today and tomorrow and Greg will be done. I think it will be really nice for Greg to be off during the summer. We get to save some money from daycare!
ReplyDelete