I must be getting old. We've gone to the new library 3 times since it's opened, and I just can't help but wonder at a few things.
First of all, let me say that I am so excited and thrilled that it's only 10 min. walking distance from our home. It could be faster, but Devin takes her time. Because it's so easy to walk to, we plan on going there weekly.
I'm also happy that it is so big and roomy, and that they have all those brand new books. Tax dollars well spent.
But.
I've got to say that I'm not so pleased with the "toys". My kids are readers. They love books, they love reading. Period. But. Whenever we go there, they prefer to play for quite a while before getting books. Playing is good. Just not my idea of what needs to be going on at a library. That's why parks were built. Yes, I'm ancient. An old fuddy-duddy.
Second, it's so loud there. Gone are the days where you could curl up with a good book in the library. It's too hard to concentrate. If you get there right when the library opens, it's a little better, before all the loud people get out of bed, I suppose.
And speaking of curling up with a good book, there isn't a comfy spot in the place. Those chairs and couches are the MOST uncomfortable places to curl up with a book. More signs that I am aging....
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment