Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journals

"What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?"--Pres. Spencer W. Kimball

Types of journals:
  • journal in a jar
  • daily personal journal
  • family journal
  • scripture journal
  • blogs
  • FHE minutes
  • personal or family histories
  • scrapbooks
  • calendars
  • what'd I miss?
Which types do I do? I occasionally write in the personal journal, with some reflections on gratitude, occasionally the scripture journal, obviously the blog. I have done a few scrapbooks, and I write pretty often in my pocket calendar. I write down all of the things I plan to do in the day such as the chores I want to accomplish, what I plan to make for dinner, what errands I need to run, what scriptures I plan to read that day, etc. I put a check next to the ones I do. Oh, I also started this month writing down all my expenses. I call it "Every Little Thing I Spend," and I am doing just that. Every item goes in an excel spreadsheet. That way I can see exactly where my money is going, and how much I'm saving through Ad Matching (already $40 this month). And it's already been enlightening!

I think it would be fun to do the FHE minutes. I think I'm going to do it the first time and keep track of what the kids are doing as well. Should be good for a laugh. Then I think I'll read them at the beginning of each FHE. I can't wait. It will also be good to keep track of the things we talk about and learn. Fun, fun!

1 comment:

  1. I want to do the FHE one too! I also want to do the scripture journal, thanks again for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter