Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goals for the New Year

"I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the technique of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When you learn to master the principle of setting a goal, you will then be able to make a great difference in the results you attain in this life." -- Elder M. Russel Ballard

Things to continue (doing well on these so far):
  • daily family scripture study
  • daily family prayer
  • daily exercise
  • FHE
  • book club
  • study the SS lessons
  • eat our food storage
Things to continue working on (needs a little work):
  • study the lessons for RS
  • limit the sweets
  • daily personal prayer
  • attend Temple once a month
  • date with Darin once a month
  • read conference addresses
New things to add:
  • visits twice a month
  • study Preach My Gospel
  • Portuguese B of M
  • Friday Night Game Night
  • Saturday Night Movie Night

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great goals! I should follow your example and lay mine out too. Then I would feel better about the ones I'm doing well and be more inspired about the ones I'm not so great at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the goals you guys have set. Good Luck in the New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter