Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Food Storage Challenge Day 6

Tonight's dinner was Hawaiian Haystacks with chicken, gravy, rice, cheese, olives, celery, pineapple, peas, water chestnuts, tomatoes from our garden (yes, they were still growing), and chow mein noodles. Always a hit.

One of the rules of the game is that we can't buy anything at all, unless it happens to be on sale and we want to stock up on something. We just can't use it during the two weeks.

Albertsons had a fabulous deal on cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups for 29 cents if you buy 10 (we bought 50 each), and chicken broth for 35 cents if you buy 10 (we bought 40--that's all they had). We actually took a trip to Tooele since that's the only Albertsons left in Utah (except St. George). It's only a 25 minute drive, and we do that all the time for other things anyway. We couldn't spend any money on anything tonight anyway, so we made a night out of it.

I love finding good deals!

PS.
The powdered milk is getting to be quite challenging for me. Since I've been half & halfing it with the store milk & powdered milk, we've been able to stretch the 4 gallons out, but I quickly realized that even then, our 1 gallon+/day family was going to be in trouble soon. Devin already seems to think there's something fishy with the milk, so I've been nervous about how she would react to straight powdered milk, even with the addition of sugar or vanilla. Sooooo, I've been drinking the powdered milk, and have asked Darin to do so as well. The things we parents do for our kids, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter