Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Scripture Study

Last night I gave a FHE lesson on Mighty Scripture Study, and I talked about how it was important to Pray, Meditate, Write, and Teach when we are studying the scriptures, so this is my attempt at writing what I learned tonight.

Tonight as we were doing our family scripture study, I came across something that hit me really hard. In 3 Ne. 18:10, the Savior has just introduced the sacrament to the people, and he said "...and this doth witness unto the Father that ye are willing to do that which I have commanded you." What I realized was that as I partake of the sacrament, I am renewing a covenant that I will do whatever is commanded of me. So when the prophet asks me to do something, I have made a covenant at baptism, and I renew that covenant each week when I take the bread and water, that I will do what the prophet asks (...whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.").

It is extremely important to read and study the scriptures. When I have questions about anything, or when I don't know how to proceed in my life or get through my struggles, or become confused by the teachings and logic of the world, I must find my answers from the scriptures, which includes the current prophet's and apostles' teachings. The answers to all of our questions can be found in the scriptures.

If only everyone would study the scriptures, there would be a lot less confusion in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I know I am horrible when it comes to studying the scriptures. Its something I continually struggle with. Maybe most of my problems or answers to my questions would be answered if I would crack the whip and study like I am commanded to. Thanks for sharing this uplifting information. Great FHE topic too.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter