Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Help is on the Way

At least I hope it is. I've been having a lot of symptoms (again) and I finally broke down and went to the doctor today. I really hate going to the doctor. Could it be because I spent so much time there as a kid? Or that Darin and the kids always seem to be going. Either way, I hate to do it. Part of it is the money. I know the co-pay isn't much when we're talking about our health, but it all adds up! We've almost met our yearly maximum -- for the entire family! And next month we get to start all over because we are switching to Darin's way expensive insurance. Oh well, ya do what ya gotta do!

So the doctor gave me a prescription for yet another medication, and on Wednesday I get to go in and give them some blood so that they can try to figure out what's going on with me. I feel better just knowing that something is happening.

Next week, we get to go in for Darin's appointment. The appointments never end!

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out OK and you get to feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter