Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Devin, Post-Op

Driving home from the hospital after Devin had a tonsilectomy and adenoidectomy, still a little high on drugs....




The day after surgery....



4 comments:

  1. Is she sleeping at the table? Thats so funny. I am glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is sleeping. Seems like that's all she did the first 3 or 4 days. She just makes us laugh all day long saying and doing silly things.

    She is feeling better, but she can't seem to get back into the routine of eating. In just 5 days she lost 2 1/2 lbs. She went from being in the bottom 10th percentile in weight to below the charts. (Maybe I should get my tonsils out--oh, wait, already did).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I wish my Mom would let me sleep at the table! LOL What a funny kid! Glad she is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that she's kicked back at the table sleeping.:) Poor Devin! Glad she's on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter