So I've been a little cranky lately, and here's why:
1. Teaching Gospel Doctrine is hard. There are a few "know-it-alls" that really don't know, and want you to know that they know, but really only show what they don't know. But they will never sub for you when you ask! Just give me the good ole days when Brother Olsen says he usually has to go to the bathroom when his bowels are full!
I had a particularly hard day yesterday, and was ready to ask to be released. But then I realized that I'm the one that was called, and whether they want me there or not, the Lord seems to think they need me there. Yes, after about 6 years (between Gospel Doctrine and Gospel Essentials), it's getting old, but for some reason, they have kept me doing it. Deal with it! I am!
2. When you are trying to do the right thing, there are all kinds of obstacles.
Darin's stupid district people decided he needed to work three nights a week, instead of two. This wouldn't be all bad, if he was paid for it, but NO, he doesn't get more money for it. So basically we're over a barrel, because we need the meager pay that they are giving him.
And so many people judge you when you decide you'd rather take care of your husband and kids than work outside the home.
And now that I'm coming home, I'm thinking, I'm gonna be so lonely out here in Magna!!
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



I wish there was a like button on blogs so I could mark it! Good luck dealing with the calling. I can't believe it--6 years?! That's crazy! But the Lord knows best. I've struggled my entire adult life with attending Sunday School class and I don't know why. But in the past few years, I've recommitted and it's made a difference. It totally sucks about the district too. What are they having him do at night? I am very happy that you are going to be able to stay home with your family. It's such a blessing.
ReplyDeleteDarin took on a second job running the community school so that we could afford to have me come home. Originally it was supposed to be Wed & Thurs, but now they've told him that they are going to have Tues. classes, and he can't hire an assistant because they don't want to pay anyone else, and they won't pay him more money for it.
ReplyDeleteSorry you have been "Cranky" lately. Sounds like you are under a lot of stress. If you feel like you are ready to be released, you can go to the Bishop and ask. No one is going to judge you. Thats how they released me from Nursery. I asked. Dont feel lonely at home. There are plenty of women in the ward that are SAHM. They have play groups and all kinds of activities they try and do. I wish I were one of them, but I just cant be at the moment. You will be all right Katherine. You do whats best for your family. ;)
ReplyDeleteI feel at peace with my decision. I am made of sterner stuff. My wants are not always the same as my needs.
ReplyDeleteYou can always call me to hang out with ya!
ReplyDelete