Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Furniture Polish?

In my endeavors to become a domestic goddess, I stumbled across a homemade recipe for furniture polish. I don't know if it would save you any money, but it helped me out in a pinch, plus if you're into natural remedies, this would fit the bill.

I just tried it on my furniture, and so far so good.

Furniture Polish

* 1 c. olive oil
* 1/2 c. lemon juice
* Spray bottle

Shake well and apply a small amount to a cleaning rag or cloth. Spread evenly over furniture surface. Turn cloth to a dry side and polish dry.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I'll have to try that. Also, I'm a bit behind on checking blogs but I would love the recipes you didn't post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter