Devin is an interesting kid. She has issues with lotion, soap, medicine, and now toothpaste. In the last few weeks, she has fought us "tooth and nail" (ha ha) when we've tried to brush her teeth. It's never been easy, but now it's really bad. She's thrown up twice recently when I've tried to brush her teeth. So, it's losing dinner (for a picky 4-year old girl who's losing weight) or losing teeth! We've tried all kinds of toothpaste. Nothing helps.
So our latest attempt involves no toothpaste. Just brushing her teeth with a wet toothbrush.
Since she fights so much, I decided I'd try to get her to do it herself the other night. She was holding the toothbrush, but not putting it in her mouth, making a face, so I said, "Either you do it or I do it." Finally she said, "Well, here goes." I started laughing, which was a mistake, because then she started laughing. So I got serious, and she started brushing the front teeth.
Then I said, "Get the back, too." So she brushed the back, and mumbled, "I'm 'bout to choke myself." At that point I had to leave the room because I started laughing again.
I was so proud of her grammar when she said this, too. I know many adults who don't know how to use the reflexive correctly! She's come a long way from her favorite word being, "UUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."
Weekly Scripture Kits Tutorial Videos
2 years ago



Makin' me laugh Devin! She is too funny! I hope she can get past it sometime! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteThat is a funny story!! Good luck with Devin. I wish I had some things for you to try, but I'm fresh out of ideas.
ReplyDelete