Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Date

Darin and I had a date today. It's been a while. Darin's sister-in-law offered to watch the kids for a few hours, so we decided to go to a movie. We went and saw 7 Pounds with Will Smith. It was interesting, but I had no idea what was going on until the end. There were a couple of guys needed bone marrow transplants. Having been through it with Darin, I couldn't help but critique it. Matinees are nice because there are hardly any people there, and Darin is able to go without worrying about the crowds. I still have to remind him, "Hands in Pockets!" By the way, it's day 33. We are 1/3 of the way there.

The girls had so much fun at Jason and Jessica's (of course, they are both a little scared of Jason). They love going to play with their cousin Karlee. And Jessica's Mom took them all to see a movie. Devin loved the popcorn. Jessica made them tu-tu's and they liked them so much that they wore them to bed over their PJs.

After we got home we got an unexpected visit from Darin's Vice-Principal delivering a present from one of his students. Apparently she was very concerned about Darin. It was some crazy fuzzy-topped socks. I want to see him wear them.

Right now I have a bit of insomnia myself. Devin was crying and I went in to hold her for a while. She stayed awake the whole time she was with Jessica, but she fell asleep in the 5 or 10 minutes it took to drive home. Whenever I get up with the kids, I have a hard time falling asleep again. Glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter