Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. Darin had enough energy to make a breakfast casserole for us. Then we decided to go to a movie. We called a neighbor and asked if she would babysit, and we went and watched Twilight. There were only 5 other people in the theater--3 boys about 12 years old and a teenage boy and girl. The theater is in Magna, and it's usually not very crowded. We liked the movie, even Darin. He had to wear his mask and use the antibacterial hand sanitizer, but it was still fun to have a date. We don't get many of those. Then we came home and I made dinner and a berry pie. I don't usually want a cake because there are entirely too many sweets this time of year, so I wanted to make a pie that I was going to make for Christmas anyway. Then we went downstairs in the basement to watch The Santa Clause with the kids. Jadyn loved the movie. It answered many of her questions about Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter