Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day -11 (The day of stem cell infusion is day 0)

We've spent the last few days "spring cleaning" the house. We have to clean absolutely everything. So far, in addition to the regular cleaning, we've cleaned the blinds (and we have a ton of windows, many up very high), vacuumed and shampooed all the carpets, and vacuumed the air vents. We still have to do a lot of dusting, like on top of the fridge, on top of the cupboards, and other shelves, pictures, appliances, etc. This will all have to be done weekly, so we removed several things that are dust collectors. I'm thinking I'll have to make myself a schedule so that I can get all this cleaning done each week. Also, every day I'll have to clean counters, sinks, handles, and even the shower. Darin won't be able to be in the room when I'm doing any of this cleaning. Lucky! He even gets out of changing diapers! We got rid of plants, too. It seems that his number 1 enemy will be plants. So much that he can't eat fresh veggies or fruits. And if he goes outside, on his way to a doctor appointment, since that's the only place he's allowed to go, he has to wear a mask.

Darin's sister is bringing his mom over to see him today! We're excited to have Grandma Bronson, Aunt Connie, and Cousin Chelsea over. I think this is the first time Connie has come over. See what we gotta do to get her here! Of course, she said she's bringing treats for the girls. I think she is trying to be the favorite aunt.

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad for Connie! I am already the girl's favorite Aunt!!! So does this mean that Darin doesn't have to go to the hospital and stay for the 2 weeks or is this all for when he comes home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is after the hospital stay. This will be during the 100 days of recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter