Thought of the Week

  • "Having OCD is like being allergic to life - every waking moment is spent in a state of mental hyper-sensitivity.”

Why am I returning to this blog after so long?

During this next year, this blog will "document" Devin's OCD, and the improvements she makes. In no way is this blog meant to make anyone feel sorry for our trials. We know that trials are merely blessings in wolves' clothing. Because any improvements will be minor and subtle as the days go by, I want to write it all down so that I can look back and see how far Devin has come. If you are a first-time reader, I suggest you begin by reading this post. It will give you some background and show you a starting point. Comments are welcome, but please be kind. This is not an easy illness to deal with. We're all just doing the best we can.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

What a day!

After spending all day at the hospital while Darin had surgery on his foot, I then had to go get the kids from Grandma and take Darin to a meeting. It was supposed to be an hour long, but it lasted two hours. The kids and I waited in the car listening to "My Turn on Earth" 4 times. Jadyn fell asleep on the way over, and Devin was content to just listen to the music. Every time I tried to change it, Devin got mad. Sometime after the first hour, Jadyn woke up and they started playing. Jadyn shook Devin's arm too hard, I guess, and Devin's elbow got dislocated, and so when Darin finished his meeting, we had to go to the ER, again. She wouldn't let us touch her arm to get her out (or even look at it), so we got a nurse to help, and I think she must have popped it back in while she was taking Devin out of the car seat, because about 5 minutes later, Devin was just fine. The doctor told us it's called Nurse Maid Elbow. Boy was I glad to go to bed yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. That poor kid..... Like mommy, like little one right?? Glad the day is over for you too! How did Darin's surgery go by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, he's doing quite well. Not even taking a lot of pain meds. And of course, doing more than he should... I just heard Jadyn yelling at him, "Don't over-do it! Your walking on your foot!"

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter